With tools like Seesaw, Screencastify, FlipGrid, and WeVideo, just to name a few, students are now recording themselves through the use of video or audio narration. Background noise can be a factor while recording! To help eliminate the background noise, you may want to create a soundproof Chromebook recording station for your students. Keep reading to see how we built this inexpensive one!
Here is what you will need:
1. A fabric storage bin with the dimensions:
A 12.75" W x 15" D x 12.75" H
2. Five acoustic soundproofing foam panels with the dimensions:
1.5" W x 12" D x 12" H
3. A Chromebook! The 11.6" Dell Touch Screen Chromebook fits perfectly!
Here is how to set it up and use it:
1. Expand the storage bin to open it up.
2. Add the five pieces of foam to walls inside the storage (one piece of foam for each wall of the box).
3. Open the Chromebook, login, place the Chromebook in the storage bin, and start recording! Note: students will need to make sure to scoot in close and to talk directly into the Chromebook. This will help capture the best sound. (We choose not to glue the foam to the walls of the bin so it can easily be collapsible.)
Check out this video on how you create your "DIY" (Do It Yourself) student recording station!
***GIVEAWAY time! Do you have any ideas of how you might use a recording station with your students? Or maybe you would like to tell us about other types of recording stations you have used or have heard about? Please share you ideas in the comments below for a chance to win your own recording station for your students! The winners will be announced next Tuesday, January 21st!